Photo by Sarah Merians
Dr. Jana Matthews is one of the world’s leading experts on entrepreneurial business growth. Through her work with hundreds of high-growth CEOs, executives and top teams around the world, she has identified the most common challenges growth companies face and has developed strategies and methods to overcome them. She has been named one of 18 Women Business Gurus in the world.
She has designed programs for organizations that support entrepreneurs, such as the Young Entrepreneurs’ Organization, Young Presidents’ Organization, the Women Presidents’ Organization, Innovate South Australia, Industry New Zealand, and the US-Russia Center for Entrepreneurship.
She has been a Global Thought Leader for major corporations such as SAP. She served as a member of the original team at the Kauffman Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership and is the founder of four entrepreneurial companies of her own, including The Jana Matthews Group, the internationally renowned consulting group specializing in entrepreneurial leadership and business growth.
The author of seven books, Jana has written three on business growth that have been translated into thirteen languages: Building the Awesome Organization; Lessons from the Edge; Leading at the Speed of Growth. And she’s written more than 50 articles, and appeared on television and radio programs in the many countries, e.g., PBS, CNN-FN, NZ-TV, SB-TV, CNN-Fortune for Beijing TV, as well as programs in India, Australia and elsewhere.
She is a graduate of Earlham College, studied at the University of London, Yale, and earned her doctorate from Harvard University. Jana describes her personal mission as “Helping entrepreneurs lead and grow companies where people perform at their best, create products and services that delight customers, and contribute to the health of our global economy.”
Based on what her clients say about her, she is realizing her mission.
Working with Jana Matthews has empowered me to create the future we want and has given me the tools and knowledge to do it.
Jana’s insights have made a huge difference along our journey…The skills and discipline we gained working with Jana were invaluable."
There are two key reasons we are experiencing impressive year-over-year growth: an improving economy and the business transformation we have undertaken with the Jana Matthews Group.
We could not have grown the company as fast as we did without Jana Matthews. If you are an entrepreneur, or a serious student of growth companies, you should read Dr. Jana's books and embrace her "Growth Methodologies". I highly recommend her and her services to the executives of any high growth company.
Randy Hangers achieved impressive growth in the two years since we began working with The Jana Matthews Group. We have achieved our initial goals and built a finely honed team, committed to continuous growth. As we plan for future development, I believe The Jana Matthews Group will continue to provide a high level of direction and support that will help us achieve our growth goals.
Dr. Jana Matthews: Trusted Thought Leadership
- Consultant to hundreds of CEOs of growth companies in the USA, Canada, England, China, India, Malaysia, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, Russia, and Czech Republic.
- Global Thought Leader for SAP
- Invited by the government of New Zealand to help design programs that would enable companies to grow and go global.
- Invited by the US Dept. of Commerce and People’s Republic of China to speak at Forums on Entrepreneurship and Venture Capital
- Invited by the South Australia Venture Capital Board to present programs on angel investing
- Invited by Innovate SA to present programs on unlocking growth potential
- Visiting Professor in Graduate School of Enterprise at University of Auckland
- Visiting Professor at Beijing International MBA program
- Global Thought Leader for SAP
- Board of Directors, Center for Women’s Business Research
- Board of Directors, Association of University Related Research Parks
- Appointed by the Governor to Board of Directors of Colorado Advanced Technology Institute
- Board of Directors, University of Kansas Medical Institute
- Board of Advisors, Silicon Flatirons, University of Colorado
- Board of Advisors, Craters & Freighters Franchise Company
- Member International Women’s Forum
- Recruited to the founding team of senior directors of the Kauffman Foundation Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership
- Designed the Kauffman Fellows Program and selected the Charter Class